RMA today represents a powerful tool to promote active citizenship and dialogic learning and it is meant to be a dialectic method of inquiry and “popular self-analysis” for empowerment of communities and individuals and it can be defined as a “process of collective exploration that takes, as a departure point, the experience and the intuition of individuals”.
- offer a space to confront one another
- become a moment to search for the real meaning of words
- give the chance to look deeper above all the superficial occurrences
- make knowledge emerge only within dialogue
- can be easily applied to a variety of themes and fields
- encourage participants attempts to counteract stereotypical thinking
- decrease intolerance and increase the reciprocal curiosity for investigating stereotypes through a reflective lens